Thursday, November 17, 2011

NFL Lockdown Week 10 vs. X-Girl Emily

Well, it was a win-lose result for me last week.  Straight up, against X-Girl Sunny, I continued my winning streak with a 9-7 record.  That was the ‘win’ part.  The ‘lose’ part came with my picks against the spread in which I had a horrible week and was 6-10.  It was only my second week below .500 this year, so I guess I can’t complain too much, but it was still a lackluster showing.

This week my competition is from the X-Girls is Emily Wilson.



Emily grew up in Westminster, CO which is in between Boulder and Denver.  This naturally leads Emily to being a Denver Broncos fan.  Normally, we would not allow such things on the Jeff Report but since Emily is an X-Girl and has a 99 rating, we’ll let that slide.  Plus, I could use the competition.  After all, I’m yet to lose to an X-Girl.  That said, it will probably end this week as Emily and I differ on 6 picks.

Back to Emily.  Besides being a Bronco fan, she enjoys dancing, skateboarding, traveling, and reading science books.  If she could have one super power it would be to be invisible, presumably so that she could read science books without anybody bothering her.  Perhaps if she were invisible she would also solve math equations for fun, but she does that anyway!  Yes, we may have a female version of ‘Good Will Hunting’ on hand except better because she loves sports!

Here are how Emily and I’s picks stack up for week 10 (as always, pics of Emily will be spread throughout for all to enjoy):

Last Week (The Jeff Report): 9-7
Season (The Jeff Report): 27-16
Last Week (X-Girl Sunny): 8-8
Season (X-Girls): 23-20

Game
The Jeff Report's Pick
X-Girl Emily's Pick
Away
Home


New York Jets
Denver
Denver
Denver
Buffalo
Miami
Miami
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Jacksonville
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Jacksonville
Oakland
Minnesota
Minnesota
Oakland
Carolina
Detroit
Detroit
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Green Bay
Green Bay
Green Bay
Dallas
Washington
Dallas
Dallas
Arizona
San Francisco
San Francisco
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis
St. Louis
Seattle
Tennessee
Atlanta
Tennessee
Atlanta
San Diego
Chicago
Chicago
Chicago
Philadelphia
New York Giants
Philadelphia
NY Giants
Kansas City
New England
New England
New England

For those of you that would like to see Emily in motion (talking about her picks of course), you can check out her weekly picks video here.

On Twitter, you can follow X-Girl Emily here or Edgehogs here.

Here are my picks against the spread:

Last week: 6-10
Season:  55-41-2

New York Jets (-6) @ Denver (+6) – Denver.  It’s Tebow Time.

Buffalo (+2) @ Miami (-2) – Miami.  I’m riding the wave.

Cincinnati (+7) @ Baltimore (-7) – Cincinnati.  Don’t let me down in the ‘Nati, they gotta come through for me sooner or later.

Jacksonville (+1) @ Cleveland (-1) – Jacksonville.  Stop texting me Cleveland.  It’s been over for weeks now.

Oakland (-1) @ Minnesota (+1) – Minnesota.  I’m just not buying into the Raiders, too much ‘Hue-bris’ (see what I did there?).

Carolina (+7) @ Detroit (-7) – Carolina shouldn’t be able to keep up and I’m not putting much faith in them after getting burned the last couple of weeks.

Tampa Bay (+14) @ Green Bay (-14) – Green Bay.  Aaron Rodgers is a stone cold assassin.  I don’t know if we’ve ever seen a player play quarterback this good for this long of a time frame.

Dallas (-7.5) @ Washington (+7.5) – Washington.  I don’t think Dallas is good enough to pull off a win more than a touchdown, even as bad as Washington is.

Arizona (+9.5) @ San Francisco (-9.5) – Arizona.  I like San Fran but they haven’t been in the practice of blowing teams out much.

Seattle (+1) @ St. Louis (-1) – St. Louis.  Don’t believe in ‘ra-ra’ Pete Carrol.

Tennessee (+6) @ Atlanta (-6) – Tennessee.  Atlanta will be hungover from ripping defeat from the claws of victory like they did in overtime against the Saints last week.

San Diego (+3.5) @ Chicago (-3.5) – San Diego.  Chicago wins, but it’s close enough for San Diego to cover.

Philadelphia (+4.5) @ New York Giants (-4.5) – Philadelphia.  I think the birds are mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore.  Now the pressure of the ‘dream team’ is off and I expect them to act accordingly.

Kansas City (+14.5) @ New England (-14.5) – New England.  It pains me, but the Chiefs are hopeless at this point.  Poor coaching the last two games and now without their starting quarterback makes for some real bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment